VINYL LP cover. 313 x 313 mm. Work in progress.
See the Pen Responsive youtube background limited to div with content on top by Morten Skogly (@mskogly) on CodePen.
Some years ago I worked on a series of images based on glitchy frames from the now defunct RealVideo format. Back in the day when high bandwidth still was something rare, RealVideo was great for compressing streaming and ondemand video, but sometimes it would spit out video with strange artifacts, especially when livestreaming. In the Pixelpeople-series I took screenshots from interesting frames, and worked on them in photoshop, enhancing and smoothing the glitches, using them sort of like a collaborative partner.
With rising bandwidth and better algorithms and formats, such artifacts and glitches are pretty much gone. I’ve sort of missed the surprising unpredictability as an artistic inspiration, so I’ve started to research software and hardware-based ways to generate digital artifacts.
One of the tools I found was Photomosh.
Photomosh lets you upload and image, or use your webcam as an input, and has a ton of cool features to play with.
Uglitch (webtool is dead, needs to run under https)
Aka "a poor mans database".
A user asked for a playlist for one of our streaming radiochannels. We have no official playlist for that channel, and being pressed for time I hastily created a Google Spreadsheet and added a simple script for polling a json-script. It uses Google's inbuilt trigger solution for running the script every five minute. The script lacks any checks and failsafes and is meant for demo purposes.(mer…)
The ReMorten Project: A telepresence robot platform using nodejs running on the Raspberry Pi. Because why not.
Bryggedag 12.02.2017. Biab.
Jeg fortsetter min litt skranglete ferd gjennom bryggeland, denne gangen styrt i retningen av en hveteøl. Den første allgrain-ølen jeg brygget var faktisk en hefeweizen, basert på en oppskrift jeg fikk fra kjernekaren Børge Barlindhaug, men siden har jeg ikke forsøkt meg på denne stilen.
Det var litt tilfeldig at det ble hveteøl, men for en stund siden fikk jeg 500g (!) med utgått Safbrew WP06, og den måtte jo brukes til noe. Selv om datoen var passert så kunne jeg kompensere for evt dårlig gjærhelse ved å øke mengden litt, samt lage gjærstarter for å sjekke formeringsevnen til våre små venner.